CRITERIA & RULES
The Queensland Father of the Year is to be of excellent character, free of any compromising issues including those related to drug or alcohol abuse, child abuse, criminal convictions or any other issue that might harm the reputation of the Queensland Father of the Year Award.
Each of the Queensland Finalists will be asked to complete a standard criminal history check form to maintain the credibility of the Awards and those associated with them.
Submissions close on SUNday 15th July 2018.
The Queensland Father of the Year would meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Demonstrates an outstanding commitment to raising his children
- Is an exemplary father
- Is an inspirational role-model who, as a father, has triumphed over adversity
- Contributes to the development and well-being of children in the community
- Provides significant leadership and inspiration to other fathers
Nominees may include natural fathers, adoptive fathers, step fathers, foster fathers and grandfathers raising their grandchildren (i.e. acting as their father)
Rules for Nomination
- The nominee must be a permanent Queensland resident
- A father may not nominate himself
- A father can be nominated multiple times (by different nominators)
- Nominations must be submitted via the QLD Father of the Year website, or by post using the downloadable form available from the website.
- Employees of SU QLD are invited to nominate a deserving father, however they cannot nominate their own father.
The finalists and winner of the Queensland Father of the Year Award will need to make themselves available for publicity photos and interviews before and after the Award announcement function on Thursday 30th August 2018.
The decisions made by the Queensland Father of the Year panel will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
NOMINATE YOUR DAD
Nominations have now closed.
NOMINATE YOUR DAD
Do you have an outstanding dad who deserves to be recognised?