About the Award
The Queensland Father of the Year Award honours and celebrates the importance of fathers and father-figures throughout our state
and its local communities.
Nominations from across the state will be judged by a panel of community leaders in the lead up to Father’s Day on 1st September 2019.
About SU QLD
Part of the worldwide Scripture Union International movement, SU QLD is an inter-denominational Christian organisation that is bringing hope to a young generation through working in schools, running holiday camps, promoting Bible engagement, and training youth workers.
SU QLD looks after young people through a range of services, including chaplains in schools, an extensive camping program, community outreaches, specialist help in primary and secondary schools, and a dedicated team of about 700 staff and chaplains.
Currently, SU QLD Chaplains are working in more than 800 schools across the state, having a direct impact with 385,000 students (79% of total students). More than 4,000 volunteers dedicate their time and energy to working with youth through SU QLD.
To find out more information about SU QLD, see suqld.org.au.
CRITERIA & RULES
The Queensland Father of the Year is to be of excellent character, free of any compromising issues including those related to drug or alcohol abuse, child abuse, criminal convictions or any other issue that might harm the reputation of the Queensland Father of the Year Award.
Each of the Queensland Finalists will be asked to complete a standard criminal history check form to maintain the credibility of the Awards and those associated with them.
Submissions close on Friday 5th July 2019.
The Queensland Father of the Year would meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Demonstrates an outstanding commitment to raising his children
- Is an exemplary father
- Is an inspirational role-model who, as a father, has triumphed over adversity
- Contributes to the development and well-being of children in the community
- Provides significant leadership and inspiration to other fathers
- Nominees may include natural fathers, adoptive fathers, step fathers, foster fathers and grandfathers raising their grandchildren (i.e. acting as their father)
Rules for Nomination
- The nominee must be a permanent Queensland resident
- A father may not nominate himself
- A father can be nominated multiple times (by different nominators)
- Nominations must be submitted via the QLD Father of the Year website, or by post using the downloadable form available from the website.
- Employees of SU QLD are invited to nominate a deserving father, however they cannot nominate their own father, husband or relative.
The finalists and winner of the Queensland Father of the Year Award will need to make themselves available for publicity photos and interviews before and after the Award announcement function on Thursday 29th August 2019.
The decisions made by the Queensland Father of the Year panel will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
The 2019 Queensland Father of the Year will win a five night family holiday at
Sea World Resort & Water Park and the Gold Coasts Favourite Theme Parks!*
*Prize is for 2 adults and 5 children and includes:
five nights’ accommodation in a Deluxe View room (or interconnecting room if more than 2 children);
full buffet breakfasts; and unlimited entry to Sea World, Warner Bros. Movie World and Wet’n’Wild Gold Coast until June 2020.
NOMINATE YOUR DAD
Nominations have closed.